All of our appraisals contain the following and conform to current USPAP standards:
A cover document explaining in detail what type of value is being sought ("purpose") and how the appraisal is to be used ("function" or "assigned use")
The methodology and resources relied upon, including market analysis and market(s) selected
A complete and accurate description of the property written in such a manner that it can be identified without photographs
The date(s) and location of inspection, and the effective date of value
A statement by the appraiser that he or she has no financial interest in the property, or that such interest is disclosed in the report
The appraiser's qualifications and signature
For a few items, $100 for each item. A large number of items (over 12) can be negotiated. Minimum cost is $200. One-half of cost is due upon signing contract, balance upon delivery of appraisal. If you have only one item and can bring it to us to document, cost is $100, no minimum applies.
- Accredited by the International Society of Appraisers in 1998 (SEE CERTIFICATE)
- President of the Georgia Chapter of the International Society of Appraisers for 2000 and 2001 (SEE CERTIFICATE)
- Licensed auctioneer in Georgia since 1997, license number 2817 (SEE CERTIFIATE)
- Appraiser for WorthPoint.com
- Atlanta Auctions & Antiques Examiner for Examiner.com
- Lead appraiser for Internet show "For What Its Worth"
- Member of Association of Online Appraisers
- Former antique mall owner
- Founder of Golden's Appraisal, Auction & Estate Services and AnswersOnAntiques.com
- Host of upcoming weekly podcast "Answers On Antiques"
- Appraiser on Atlanta episode of Travel Channel's "Baggage Battles"
- Holds numerous "Road Show" events in the Atlanta area annually
- Conducts estate sales from the low thousands to over one million dollars
- Successfully completed 15 hour course and exam of USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice), valid through December 16, 2016 (SEE CERTIFICATE)
Contact us at (770) 485-4031 to discuss your needs.